Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sesame-free hummus

We don't yet know if Cody has any problem with sesame, but I do know that sesame is a fairly common allergy, so we haven't tried it yet.

I decided to make him a sesame-free version of hummus. I have not been able to get him to eat beans, so I thought I'd try a different approach. I just used cannellini beans, olive oil,  a little bit of garlic and lemon juice.

I tried it and I think it's yummy. I use it on sandwiches and I add some to buffalo burgers for moisture and extra flavor.

Cody is still not quite sure about it. He takes a couple nibbles of it on a piece of bread, but that's about it. Actually, for him, that's a good sign!

This is really easy to make. Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

Sesame-Free Hummus

1 can low sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute until soft and fragrant.
Let cool and add to a food processor with the remaining ingredients.
Blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment