Thursday, May 16, 2013

Making oat milk

So I made oat milk. Here's the link to the recipe I used: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/01/10/homemade-oat-milk-easy-fast-cheap/

I made a few changes. I soaked the oats overnight and all I added to the oat milk was a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of maple syrup. It worked out pretty well! I think it tastes good and Cody likes it, but it's a little gritty for him and it does have a bit of a grassy taste. I'm going to try this again using cooked oats and cheesecloth to strain.

Below are some pictures of the process including one of Cody watching the blender. He loves the blender!

As for the leftover oats, I am going to put them in the food processor to further pulverize them to use in bread or muffins. I also saw someone mention the idea of making crackers which sounds yummy.






No comments:

Post a Comment