Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cody's favorite foods: allergy-friendly smoothie

A few weeks ago I decided to try to make a smoothie for Cody. I wasn't terribly optimistic since he has never been much of a fan of fruit. I used a frozen banana as the base, added some other fruit, applesauce, juice and rice milk. I gave it to him in a cup with a straw and he took a sip and said, "mmmm!" Wow! I couldn't believe it. Now he helps me make a smoothie every day and we share it.

Enjoy!

This recipe is free of the top 8 allergens (egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, fish-free and shellfish-free) and vegan.

Fruit smoothie

1 ripe, peeled banana frozen overnight
1/2 cup applesauce
1 /2 cup fresh or frozen berries, peaches, or other fruit of choice
1/4 cup apple or white grape juice
1/4 cup oat or rice milk

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment