Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baking soda and baking powder and yeast. Oh my!

I never thought I would ever learn so much about these three things, how they work individually, with each other and with other ingredients.

I decided to work on making a good, allergy friendly bread again. The results were better than my first attempt at allergen free bread. This time I used a combination of potato and oat flour. 

The first loaf, pictured below, didn't rise much, but tasted delicious! I tried another, also pictured below, with some adjustments. As you can see in the second picture it rose a bit better and is larger than the first. In the third picture, after slicing you can see that it's still a bit dense. 

I have work to do to get this right, but I think I know what to do next and I feel like I'm close! And even though the texture isn't quite right yet I am very happy with the taste. My husband and I ate half a loaf that night!




No comments:

Post a Comment