Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's apricot season!

I get so excited when I start seeing apricots in the stores. I love them and they always remind me of my childhood.

My grandparents had apricot trees and I remember the fun of picking buckets of apricots and then watching my grandma make yummy apricot everything!

One of the things that stands out in my mind is the apricot ice cream we used to make every year. It was my favorite. I am going to try to figure out an allergy friendly version soon.

For now I made an allergy friendly version of her apricot crisp. Our grocery store recently had a huge blueberry sale and we bought a LOT of blueberries, so I added blueberries to the crisp.

Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

Apricot blueberry crisp

Fruit filling:
8 apricots pitted and chopped
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon oat flour

Crumble:
1/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup oats
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
In large mixing bowl combine the fruit, maple syrup and flour.

In a food processor combine the flour, oats, maple syrup, oil and salt. Pulse to form a course crumble.

Pour fruit into a greased baking dish. Top with the crumble.

Bake until the fruit is bubbly and the crumble is golden brown about 20 - 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment