Sunday, June 16, 2013

Allergy Friendly Potato Salad

We love grilling out! I used to always make potato salad, but with the mayo and egg in it I thought our days of creamy potato salad were over. That is until I discovered soy free Veganiase!

This is another of my Grandmother's  recipes adapted to make it allergy friendly.

Happy grilling and enjoy!

This recipe is egg free, peanut/tree nut free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, wheat free and vegan.

Potato Salad

8 Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup soy free Veganaise
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish*
1 tablespoon yellow mustard*
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives or dill
1 teaspoon celery seed**
Salt and pepper

*I make sure I get dye free mustard and pickle relish since most contain yellow dye.
**Feel free to use some celery instead. I use celery seed because I like the celery flavor, but not the texture.

Peel the potatoes and cut them in half.
Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Add the potatoes and boil for about 15 minutes until tender, but not mushy. If the potatoes get too mushy you end up with mashed potato salad!
In the meantime combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
Drain the potatoes and let cool completely.
Cut the potatoes into cubes, season with salt and pepper and mix with the dressing.

Adjust seasoning if necessary.

Chill in the refrigerator overnight, or until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment