Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Buffalo hummus burgers

I have always loved 4th of July. It was one of my favorite holidays as a child. Then I met my husband at a 4th of July party and we got married three years later on 4th of July weekend, so I enjoy this holiday even more now!
 
Who's grilling for 4th of July weekend? To me, a good 4th of July weekend has to include grilling. I love burgers and I like using buffalo meat instead of beef because it is much leaner than beef. The problem is that because it is lean, it can dry out easily. That's why I like to add hummus to my buffalo burgers. It adds great flavor and moisture.
Use your favorite hummus, or here's the recipe for my Sesame-free hummus. I like to serve the burgers with my Allergy friendly potato salad.
 
I have been trying to make hamburger buns, but I have not perfected it yet, so use your favorite allergy friendly hamburger buns or bread.
Happy 4th of July, happy grilling and enjoy!

 
Grilled buffalo hummus burgers

1 lb. ground buffalo
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
1/4 cup hummus
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
Vegan rice cheese
Your favorite allergy friendly hamburger buns

In a large mixing bowl combine the buffalo, onions, hummus, salt and pepper.
Shape into 4 burger patties
Grill over medium high heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Top with cheese and toast the hamburger buns on the grill.
Serve on the buns with your favorite toppings.




No comments:

Post a Comment