Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime Sparkling Sangria

Don't worry, this is NOT for Cody! 

I thought I would share this adults only recipe for sangria. Summertime and sangria just go together especially this refreshing sparkling sangria. 

For 4th of July I used cherries, red grapes and blueberries, but feel free to use any fruit combination you like. Sometimes I use lemon, lime and orange slices and replace the grape juice with orange juice.

Enjoy!

1 bottle chilled champagne or prosecco
1/2 cup white grape juice
1 cup ginger ale
 2 tablespoons brandy
1 cup mixed berries, cherries and red grapes

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Usually I chill sangria overnight, but you don't want this to lose its fizz, so start with cold ingredients and don't make it too far in advance.

Pour over ice and garnish with mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment