Thursday, October 17, 2013

Allergy Friendly Pumpkin Muffins

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday! Cody may have some limitations when it comes to the candy and food, but there is so much more to Halloween than the food and I hope to share the fun of Halloween with him. There are costumes, decorations, parties, beautiful fall nights and spooky stories!

I still want him to enjoy some special Halloween treats, so I'm going to try out some ideas I have this year.

Below is a recipe for pumpkin muffins that I have been working on for a while. I thought it would be a great recipe to share now for fall and Halloween. And October seems to be the month for pumpkin everything!

I added some chopped, dried cranberries because Cody loves them.

These muffins are dairy free, egg free, wheat free, peanut and tree nut free and vegan.

Enjoy!

Mini pumpkin muffin recipe

2 cups oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
pinch of salt
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup rice or oat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown sugar for sprinkling on top.

Preheat oven to 350 and grease mini muffin pans.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spice and salt.
In another large bowl combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, applesauce, oil, oat milk and vanilla.
Gradually stir in the flour mixture.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for about 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment