Thursday, January 9, 2014

Allergy Friendly Hearty Vegetable Stew

Hi everyone, I'm back! Hope you all are having a fantastic start to 2014.

I know many of you are having a very cold start to the year. We were in Chicago and luckily left before it got really cold. Even here in Florida we had a couple of days of temps in the high 20s. Nothing like the -30s and -40s some were having, but still brrrr!

Cold weather makes me want soup and stew and I love using my crock pot to make these. It's so easy. You just throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot, stir and let it cook all day.

I made this and served it with some of my leftover pumpkin rolls I had in the freezer. Perfect for a cold night!

You can also replace the rice with rice pasta or other gluten free pasta, but just make sure you wait until the end to add the pasta or it will be too mushy.

Enjoy!

This recipe is free of the top 8 allergens (egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, fish-free and shellfish-free) and vegan.

Hearty vegetable stew

2 cans diced tomatoes 
2 small zucchini, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
1 cup uncooked rice
1 can cannellini beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped, fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
Cook on low 8-9 hrs, or high 4-5 hrs.


No comments:

Post a Comment