Friday, November 1, 2013

Fun Halloween Dinner, Skin Tests and FARE Walk

I hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween!

Below is a picture of the Halloween dinner we had last night. I used my meatloaf recipe and made meatloaf mummies by melting white, vegan rice cheese over them. I used olives for the eyes and red pepper for the mouth. I got the great idea for the veggie skeleton from My Journey to Health and I used hummus for the dip.

Cody had fun making a jack-o-lantern, walking around in his costume, looking at decorations and other kids in costume. Later we handed out candy (allergy friendly gummy bears and lollipops of course!) to trick-or-treaters.

November is already off to a big start!

Cody had his food allergy skin test re-done since it's been more than a year. They test the top eight allergens and I asked to also test chicken and corn since Cody had some reactions to eating those in the past.

He still had strong skin  reactions to egg, peanut, dairy, wheat and now chicken, so we still have to stay away from those.

The good news is that some of the ones that were positive before were negative! Soy and corn were negative, which is huge since those are in so many things and corn doesn't have to be listed in the ingredients. Also negative were fish, shellfish and tree nut!

We are getting ready for the Tampa FARE Walk for Food Allergy next weekend. I'm really excited to participate, help raise money for this great organization and meet other parents of kids with food allergies. I have met some already and they have been a great source of support and information.

Before you know it it'll be Thanksgiving! I'm already thinking about some allergy friendly things to make.

I'll keep you posted!







No comments:

Post a Comment