Thursday, June 19, 2014

Allergy-Friendly Cole Slaw and Father's Day

This is a little late because we were visiting my parents, but I wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there. I was able to celebrate this Father's Day with my dad and my husband, Cody's daddy, Josh. They are two of the best dads I know and Cody and I are very lucky to have them!

This Saturday is the official start of summer! It's time for all those summer pool parties and barbecues. Here's a really easy, allergy-friendly side dish.

Enjoy!

This recipe is free of the top 8 allergens (egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, fish-free and shellfish-free) and vegan.

Cole slaw

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy-free Veganaise (you can use vegetable oil if you want, but Veganaise gives it a bit of creaminess that I like) 
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 bag shredded cabbage and carrots
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl. 
Add the cabbage, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss.
That's all!



No comments:

Post a Comment