Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A bread disaster!

Last week I tried making bread again. I made two batches.

I temporarily lost my mind while making the first and kept uncontrollably adding more oat milk. I knew it was wrong, but I just couldn't stop!  

I decided to try to cook the mess of dough just to see what would happen. I really wish I had taken a picture before I threw it away because it was hilarious. I have never seen "bread" like this. After cooking it for 45 minutes I finally decided it had enough. It looked nice and golden brown on the outside, but when I tried to transfer it from the loaf pan to a plate it collapsed on itself and oozed out mush. It reminded me of some lava cakes I have had in restaurants, but those are delicious and no one wants their bread to ooze stuff out of the middle. That's just gross!

After laughing at myself and regaining my sanity I tried another loaf. Close, but still too dense. Tasted good though. Still determined to get this right and will try again another time.

This week I started trying out birthday cake and frosting recipes since Cody's birthday is coming up. 

Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment