Thursday, April 17, 2014

Allergy-Friendly Strawberry Cupcakes With Lemon Icing

I had to make the cupcakes to go with the colorful Easter icing I made yesterday! I decided to try strawberry with lemon icing this time since Cody likes just about anything with strawberry in it and I like anything with lemon. He liked these so much he kept taking bites out of the ones he was helping me decorate!

Cody has become a very good little helper and loves helping me measure, pour and stir. He even has a stirring song that we sing. Below is a picture of him helping me with the icing. He got powdered sugar everywhere! :)

Enjoy and have a happy and safe Easter!

This recipe is free of the top 8 allergens (egg-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, fish-free and shellfish-free) and vegan.

Strawberry Cupcakes 
 
1 3/4 cups oat flour 
1 cup sugar
1 cup puréed fresh strawberries
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350.
Place paper baking cups in the cups of a muffin pan.

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl combine the strawberry purée, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
Gradually combine the wet and dry inngredients. 
Be sure to mix well.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Lemon Icing
 
I my favorite recipe for best white icing ever.
I use Spectrum Organics vegetable shortening and, instead of water, I used lemon juice to make a lemon flavored icing.
I used Color Garden natural colors to dye the icing and Surf Sweets jellybeans to decorate.




No comments:

Post a Comment